The 3rd International Workshop on Smart Radio for IoT Era (SRIoT 2022)
In conjunction with the 13th International Conference on Ubiquitous and Future Networks (ICUFN 2022) (http://www.icufn.org) during July 5 (Tue.) ~ 8 (Fri.), 2022.
** Paper Submission Deadline: April 30, 2022 ***
The major communication users in the IoT (Internet of Thing) era are shifted from “Human” to “Things” and it is expected that huge numbers of nodes are connected to each other in various requirements.
Environment and user demand aware flexible wireless networks are required for supporting a variety of demands of wireless networks for IoT.
Here, these kinds of flexible wireless networks are called “Smart Radio” which are promising technologies for creating future mobile network platforms. The examples of main research issues in smart radio are flexible spectrum resource utilization called smart spectrum, user demand for flexible wireless networks, environmental aware wireless networks and so on. In particular, spectrum issues for future wireless networks are important for realizing sustainable wireless communication contributing to future IoT society and it is a good time to start R&D in the related issues with long-term vision.
In this workshop, we discuss future wireless networks based on smart radio for IoT in which various user and application requirements are mixed. We would like to create an approach to smart radio for future wireless networks which are adaptively designed by balancing spectrum environment and system demands through this workshop.
The workshop focuses on topics related to smart spectrum, smart wireless networks & systems, smart wireless hardware, and smart wireless data processing, which include, but are not limited to
- Smart Spectrum
- Dynamic spectrum access
- Spectrum sharing
- Spectrum database
- Radio environment map
- Cognitive radio
- Spectrum sensing and measurement
- Smart Wireless Networks & Systems
- Network virtualization & SDN
- Mobile (Multi-access) edge computing (MEC)
- Future V2X
- Future PHY/MAC protocol
- Wireless sensor network & LPWA
- Green wireless system
- Wireless power transfer
- mmW, THz and visible light communications
- Smart Wireless Hardware
- Software defined radio (SDR)
- Open Air Interface (OAI)
- Reconfigurable device
- Implementation of wireless system
- Multiband antenna and RF/analog circuits
- Smart Wireless Data Processing
- Machine-learning for wireless communication
- Applications of AI for optimizing wireless communication systems
- Big data for wireless systems and networks
All papers must be submitted electronically, in PDF format, and uploaded on EDAS. The direct link for paper submission is https://edas.info/N29434. There are two options for the submissions, either a full paper or a short paper. We decided to allow the submission of short papers in order to accommodate the most recent research outcomes. The submissions should be formatted with single-spaced, double-column pages using at least 10 pt (or higher) size fonts on A4 or letter pages in IEEE style format. The maximum number of pages is 6 for full papers and 3 for short papers. Detailed formatting and submission instructions will be available on the conference web site (Please see Submission at http://www.icufn.org).
- Takeo Fujii (The University of Electro-Communications, Japan)
- Suguru Kameda (Tohoku University, Japan)
- Osamu Takyu (Shinshu University, Japan)
– Paper due: May 20, 2022
– Author Notification: May 27, 2022
– Camera-ready due: June 03, 2022
– Registration due: June 03, 2022
– Workshop Date: July 5 , 2022